Top Brow Shapes To Try In Autumn
Ever since we saw Rihanna in September’s Vogue magazine, we have all been terrified that razor-thin brows are going to make a comeback. Thankfully though, unlike many 90’s trends, it looks like this one isn’t coming full circle. Those of us who were there the last time are still struggling to fix our wispy, non-existent eyebrows and regretting that heavy-tweezering trend. So, if we’re not waxing them all out (phew), what’s the best way to frame your face this Autumn?
The fluffy, natural look is still here, and we start with the ideal brows for each face shape. It’s important to take a minute to figure out which shape you are as good eyebrows aren’t a one-size-fits-all deal. Here’s a good rule-of-thumb:
● Round faces: go for high, sharp arches to elongate your face
● Long faces: elongate brows at the edges of your face
● Oval faces: you can go for any shape you like!
● Heart-shaped faces: lighter brows either straight or slightly rounded
● Square faces: thick brows with high arches work well to balance the jawline
● Close-set eyes: try a long, wide arch that extends out along the browbone
● Wide-set eyes: fill in so that your brows start further in than your eyes
Salon staples: Tinting and Waxing
If you’re coming to a salon like ours, you can be reassured that we will do the face-shape matching for you. We can tint, wax and shape your perfect brows to give you that defined, wide-awake eye look. We will help you choose the right shade: usually one shade darker than your hair colour, but you can be as bold as you like! This season is all about great definition, shaping along the browbone and keeping everything neat but natural. You’ll get a good three weeks’ service from a good brow tint and shape – and most people agree that it’s amazing the difference a well-groomed brow can make to your confidence!
If you need to top-up in between treatments, then there are a huge range of products on the market. With a choice of everything from oils to help the hair grow to unique fibre-based gels that fill in gaps, you can feel a bit overwhelmed! All you really need, though, is this:
● Brow oil to nourish the hair follicles
● Good-quality tweezers for stray hairs (and a well-lit mirror!)
● Angled brow brush
● Brow pencil, or gel if you prefer (choose a heavy pigment for a night-time look)
● Highlighter to add definition under the brow bone
Not for the feint-hearted, the microblading option is popular with those not blessed with full brows. If you’re looking for something semi-permanent because you’re fed up with the daily battle for perfect brows then it might be for you. You’ll need to make sure you visit someone you know really well – recommended by a great friend, for example: remember, semi-permanent!
Whatever your face shape, you can find a brow style that will accent your features perfectly. Salons like ours are experts in transforming your face with a brow shape or tint – especially useful for those of us not blessed with thick, defined brows. If you did damage to the hair follicles as a teenager – and so many of us did – then there is no reason to hate your eyebrows any longer. Regular treatments last for weeks, and you can help things along with nourishing oils and state-of-the-art products that are so easily available. Pop in and see us for a consultation.